Stewardship Seminar, Aug. 24Posted: August 10, 2013
My Brothers and Sisters,
August 24, 2013 at Calvary United Methodist Church we have an opportunity to deepen our understanding and commitment to our shared life by attending the Stewardship Seminar planned and offered by our United Methodist Foundation for the Memphis and Tennessee Conferences.
If you are looking for a seminar where practical tools will be provided which offer helpful ways to create congregations of generous people, you will not want to miss this opportunity!
Workshops will include:
- Alternative ways of giving
- Using traditional and emerging media,
- Creating Christ-oriented year-round stewardship emphasis,
- Fostering giving in the Wesleyan tradition,
- Personal financial programs,
- Gifts that keep on giving: endowments and planned giving,
- Capital campaign: why, what, when, and how.
Registration will begin at 8:30 am in the Christian Life Center at Calvary UMC followed by the opening plenary at 9:00 am called “Creating Passionate Givers” by Bishop McAlilly. Address: Calvary UMC: 3701 Hillsboro Pike Nashville, TN 37215 (615) 297.7562
The closing plenary at 2:15 pm titled “Covenant to Start a Fire” will include an address by the new president of the UM Foundation, Rev. Dr. Phil Jamieson.
I am asking leaders, Lay and Clergy, to be in attendance Saturday, August 25 at Calvary. We welcome lay and clergy from the Tennessee and Memphis Conferences to join us!
I look forward to greeting you,